HS34 Basic Operation Guide Text
READ THIS FIRST! HS34 Basic Operation
- VALUE knob — only changes EFIS settings
- When no menu is shown, turning it adjusts the altimeter setting.
- When no menu is shown, pushing and holding it sets the altimeter setting to 29.92 inHg.
- When in any menu which adjusts a numerical value, turning it adjusts that value.
- When in any menu which adjusts a numerical value, pushing it performs the same function as BACK.
- The light sensor can be configured in the EFIS > DIM menu to auto-dim all screens in a DSAB system.
- NAV/GPS status lights indicate currently active nav source.
- NAV SRC cycles through possible navigation sources in the order configured by the pilot.
- BRG SRC is used to configure bearing pointers on the HSI page. Exact behavior is dependent upon installed sources.
- HEADING knob
- Rotating it adjusts the heading bug and will display the bug if it is not displayed.
- Tapping it syncs heading bug to the current heading.
- Pushing and holding it toggles the heading bug display.
- COURSE knob
- Rotating it adjusts the course if allowed by the nav source.
- Tapping it syncs course to the current heading if allowed by the nav source.
- Pushing and holding it syncs the course to the Bearing to Active, when available.
- Please see your EFIS-based product Installation Guide appendix for detailed installation instructions. See your EFIS-based product Pilot's User Guide for more usage instructions. The latest versions are available at our web site.