Difference between revisions of "Replacing a Vision Microsystems EMS with SkyView EMS"
(Created this page)
Revision as of 09:56, 7 April 2015
Dynon Avionics Tech Support receives occasional requests to assist in replacing a Vision Microsystems Engine Monitor System (EMS), typically the VM 1000, with the equivalent capability in SkyView (using the SkyView SV-EMS-220 Engine Monitoring module).
The following sensors used with the VM 1000 are known to be compatible with the SkyView SV-EMS-220:
- K-type thermocouples used for EGTs
- J-type thermocouples used for CHTs
- FloScan 201B fuel flow sensor (and other varieties of FloScan fuel flow sensors)
The following sensors used in the VM 1000 are NOT compatible with the SkyView SV-EMS-220:
- MAnifold Pressure (MAP)
- Oil Pressure
- Fuel Pressure
- Outside Air Temperature (OAT)
We are not sure about the following sensors:
- RPM; the Bendix King tachometer transducer will likely work, but we have not received confirmation.
- Oil Temperature; SkyView supports some third party oil temp sensors, but the type of oil temp sensor is unknown.
- Capacitive fuel level; if the probe outputs 0-5V DC, that output is compatible with SkyView.
If you can provide confirmation of the above from your direct experience in converting a VM 1000 to Skyview, please contact Dynon Avionics Technical Support. Please use the subject VM 1000 Conversion Experience