HS34 Basic Operation Guide Text
- VALUE knob
- When no menu is shown, pushing and holding it sets the barometer to 29.92 inHg.
- When no menu is shown, turning it adjusts the barometer.
- When in any menu which adjusts a numerical value, turning it value knob adjusts that value.
- When in any menu which adjusts a numerical value, pushing it performs the same function as BACK.
- The light sensor can be configured in the EFIS > DIM menu to auto-dim all screens in a DSAB system
- NAV/GPS status lights indicate currently active nav source.
- NAV SRC cycles through possible navigation sources in the order configured by the pilot.
- BRG SRC is used to configure bearing pointers on the HSI page. Exact behavior is dependent upon installed sources.
- HEADING knob
- Rotating it will adjust the heading bug and will display the bug if it is not displayed.
- Tapping it will sync heading bug to current heading.
- Holding it will toggle heading bug.
- COURSE knob
- Rotating it will adjust the course if allowed by the nav source [gps sends the course, nav radio user is tuning course]
- Tapping it will sync course to current heading (again, if allowed)
- Holding it will sync course to BTS
Information about the "EFIS Provider" being the only unit on the bus providing EFIS info, the only one to be controlled by HS34, the one that needs to be on for DSAB to work.
- does value knob affect EMS values?
- no, never.